May 1, 2018
IRVINE, Calif. (May 1, 2018) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported total April U.S. sales of 23,056 vehicles, representing a decrease of 4.6 percent versus April of last year. Year-to-date (YTD) sales through April are up 14.8 percent versus last year, with 107,051 vehicles sold. With 24 selling days in April 2018, versus 26 the year prior, the company posted an increase of 3.4 percent on a Daily Selling Rate (DSR) basis.
Key April sales notes:
- A mix of the new 2018 Mazda6, now with the option of the SKYACTIV-G 2.5T gasoline turbo engine, and the previous-generation modelled to a sales increase of 29.3 percent year-over-year (YOY), with 2,909 vehicles sold in the month of April.
- Mazda CX-9, Mazda’s seven-passenger crossover SUV, finished the month up 0.2 percent YOY, with 2,138 vehicles sold. Sales of the Mazda CX-9 are up 8.5 percent YTD.
- Sales of Mazda’s CX-line remain strong, with CX-3, CX-5 and CX-9 collectively reaching 14,585 vehicles sold in the month of April. This number represents a decrease of 0.2 percent YOY, and an increase of 8.1 percent YTD.
- Among Mazda CX-line buyers, Mazda’s i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive option continues to be a favorite, with 63.0 percent of customers choosing the AWD option in April.
- Mazda reported Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) sales of 4,090 vehicles in April, marking an increase of 14.7 percent YOY.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported April sales of 4,190 vehicles, up 9.0 percent versus April of last year.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at InsideMazda.MazdaUSA.com/Newsroom.
# # #
Carley Hummel, Mazda North American Operations, 949-727-6913
Tim Olson, Mazda North American Operations, 949-727-6651