August 25, 2017
BY THE NUMBERS
- Employees located at MNAO HQ: 350
- Employees located in Irvine: 450
- MNAO and Affiliated Employees in the United States: Approximately 21,000
- Lease Agreement: 10 years
- Square Feet: 113,000
- Floors: Lobby + 5 (floors 6-10)
- 16 Private Offices
- 365 Workstations
- 1 Complimentary Coffee Bar
- 1 Training Room
- 2 Multipurpose Rooms
- 5 Wellness Rooms: Private space for relaxation and rejuvenation
- 5 Conference Rooms: Meeting space for in-person or remote collaboration
- 9 Neighborhood Hubs: Multi-function space meant for casual work, conversations or meetings
- 13 Think Tanks: Collaboration rooms dedicated to a division for technology-enabled meetings
- 44 Focus Rooms: Private workspace for use by any occupant
- 50 Huddle Rooms: Collaboration space for in-person or remote collaboration
DID YOU KNOW?
- Mazda North American Operations oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 600 dealers; five of which are located in Orange County. Mazda’s global headquarters are located in Hiroshima, Japan.
- Mazda has called Irvine home since 1987, when it completed the construction of the first high-rise building in Irvine. The location still stands today, at 7755 Irvine Center Drive. You can see the building from the windows of the new location at 200 Spectrum Center Drive.
- Mazda’s vehicle designers developed the overall look and feel of the interior of Mazda’s new HQ. With the same blank sheet approach that they take to vehicle design, they were able to create an environment within the new building that evokes Mazda’s brand philosophy of Hashiru Yorokobi (exhilaration, joy and well-being).
- The physical attributes of the space were developed by collaborating with the 350 employees at the corporate offices. Through regularly collected surveys and solicited employee feedback, employees provided valuable insight into everything from lifestyle needs and remote work practices, to laptop preferences and desk chairs.
- A complimentary coffee shop located on the 8th floor of the building, called Caffé Three Waves – paying homage to Mazda’s unique culture originating from Hiroshima, Japan – utilizes a cold brew technique from Kyoto, Japan.
- Each month, on average, 18 Mazda employees celebrate more than 10 years of employment at MNAO.
- Mazda has three different campus locations in Irvine; the headquarters for Mazda North American Operations (200 Spectrum Center Drive), Mazda’s North American Customer Experience Center (1444 McGaw), Mazda Research and Development (1421 Reynolds) and Mazda’s Western Region Offices (17872 Gillette Avenue). Through those operations, Mazda North American Operations has a local workforce of 450, not including affiliated dealership employees and staff.