March 1, 2018
IRVINE, Calif. (March 1, 2018) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported total February U.S. sales of 25,731 vehicles, representing an increase of 12.7 percent versus February of last year. Year-to-date (YTD) sales through February are up 13.9 percent versus last year, with 50,693 vehicles sold.
Key February sales notes:
- Continued popularity of Mazda’s crossover SUVs drove record sales, as Mazda posts its best February since 1994.
- The Mazda CX-5 continued its record-breaking sales momentum in February, posting its best-ever February and its 11th best-ever month in a row, with 13,216 vehicles sold. This number represents an increase of 68.7 percent versus February of last year.
- Sales of the seven-passenger Mazda CX-9 rose 6.0 percent year-over-year (YOY) with 2,286 vehicles sold in the month of February.
- As crossover SUVs continue to dominate the market, sales of Mazda’s CX-line remain strong, with CX-3, CX-5 and CX-9 collectively reaching 16,761 vehicles sold in the month of February. This number represents an increase of 48.7 percent YOY, and a year-to-date (YTD) increase of 53.3 percent.
- Among Mazda CX-line buyers, Mazda‘s i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive option continues to be a favorite, with 60.7 percent of customers choosing the AWD option in February.
- Mazda reported Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) sales of 3,666 vehicles, marking an increase of 6.3 percent YOY, making it Mazda’s best February ever for CPO sales.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported February sales of 4,352 vehicles, up 14.9 percent versus February of last year. This marks the best-ever February for MMdM.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at InsideMazda.MazdaUSA.com/Newsroom.
# # #
Carley Hummel, Mazda North American Operations, 949-727-6913
Tim Olson, Mazda North American Operations, 949-727-6651