October 3, 2016
IRVINE, Calif. (October 3, 2016) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported September U.S. sales of 24,889 vehicles, representing a decrease of 2.8 percent versus last year. Year-to-date sales through September are 224,267 vehicles.
Key September sales notes:
- Sales of the Mazda CX-3 were up 12.9 percent YOY with 1,513 vehicles sold. Total year-to-date sales sit at 14,006.
- Mazda CX-5 had its best-ever September with 9,385 vehicles sold. This number represents an increase of 3.1 percent over September 2015.
- The all-new Mazda CX-9 accounted for 1,834 vehicles sold in the month of September, representing a YOY increase of 17.6 percent.
- Total sales of Mazda’s CX crossover SUVs remain strong with 12,732 vehicles sold in the month of September, marking an increase of 6 percent YOY.
- Among CUV buyers, Mazda’s i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive system remains popular with 64.1 percent of buyers choosing vehicles equipped with the option.
- Mazda reported Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) sales of 2,775 vehicles, down 12.2 percent YOY.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported its best-ever September with 4,685 vehicles sold, up 5.7 percent versus September of last year.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at InsideMazda.MazdaUSA.com/Newsroom.
# # #
Carley Hummel, Mazda Information Bureau, 714-913-9942
Eric Booth, Mazda North American Operations, 949-727-6144