December 1, 2016
IRVINE, Calif. (December 1, 2016) – Mazda North American Operations (MNAO) today reported November U.S. sales of 22,041 vehicles, representing a decrease of 3 percent versus last year. Year-to-date sales through November are 269,019 vehicles. There were 25 selling days in November 2016, versus 23 the year prior.
Key November sales notes:
- Sales of the Mazda CX-3 are up 2.4 percent year-over-year (YOY), with 1,355 vehicles sold in the month of November.
- Mazda CX-5 posted its best-ever November with 8,865 vehicles sold. This number represents an increase of 1.2 percent over November of 2015.
- With 1,994 vehicles sold, the all-new Mazda CX-9 finished November up 65.9 percent YOY, marking the carline‘s best November since 2012.
- Year-to-date sales of Mazda’s CX crossover SUVs sit at 130,614, with 12,214 vehicles sold in the month of November. Mazda‘s i-ACTIV All-Wheel Drive system continues its popularity among crossover SUV buyers, with 64 percent of buyers choosing the option.
- Mazda reported Certified Pre-Owned (CPO) sales of 2,574 vehicles, down 2.2 percent YOY.
Mazda Motor de Mexico (MMdM) reported November sales of 5,137 vehicles, up 2.2 percent versus November of last year. Year-to-date sales for MMdM are down 2.0 percent with 48,204 vehicles sold.
Mazda North American Operations is headquartered in Irvine, California, and oversees the sales, marketing, parts and customer service support of Mazda vehicles in the United States and Mexico through nearly 700 dealers. Operations in Mexico are managed by Mazda Motor de Mexico in Mexico City. For more information on Mazda vehicles, including photography and B-roll, please visit the online Mazda media center at InsideMazda.MazdaUSA.com/Newsroom.
# # #
Carley Hummel, Mazda North American Operations, 949-727-6913
Eric Booth, Mazda North American Operations, 562-252-6036